What happens if you go to system and find out that taskbar is missing or taskbar disappeared from the Desktop? Now, how will you choose the program? What could be the likely reason for disappearance? How to get back the taskbar? In this article, we are going to solve this issue for different versions of the window.
Why TaskBar Disappeared from the Desktop?
Firstly, let’s understand the reason behind the missing taskbar. There can be multiple reasons behind this, few main reasons are:
- If the taskbar is set to auto-hide and it is not visible anymore.
- There is a case when “explorer.exe” process might get crashed.
- The taskbar may get out of the visible area due to the change in the screen’s display.
Fix Taskbar Disappeared from the Desktop
create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Now, we know these can be the reason behind the missing of the taskbar. The Basic solution should be the way to solve all these conditions (which I have explained in the reason section). One by One, we will try to solve each case:
Method 1: Unhide the taskbar
If the taskbar is just hidden and not missing, then when you hover your mouse to the bottom of the screen it will appear at the bottom or move the mouse cursor to your taskbar (where it was placed before), it will get visible. If the taskbar is visible by placing the cursor, then it means that the taskbar is in a hidden mode.
1. To unhide the taskbar, just to the control panel and click on “Taskbar and Navigation”.
Note: You could also open Taskbar settings by just right-clicking on the taskbar (if you’re able to make it visible) then select Taskbar settings.
2. Now in the taskbar properties window, turn off the toggle for “Auto-hide the taskbar”.
Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer
If the first method not working, then we must restart the “Explorer.exe”. It is one of the most potent reasons behind missing taskbar as Explorer.exe is the process which controls the desktop and taskbar in the window.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to launch the Task Manager.
2. Find explorer.exe in the list then right-click on it and select End Task.
3. Now, this will close the Explorer and to rerun it, click File > Run new task.
4. Type explorer.exe and hit OK to restart the Explorer.
5. Exit Task Manager and this should Fix Taskbar Disappeared from the Desktop Issue.
Method 3: Screen Display of System
Suppose the last two methods don’t get back the taskbar. We should now go and check the display of our system.
In the main window screen, press the Window key + P, this will open the Display Setting.
If you are using Window 8 or Windows 10, a pop-over will appear on the screen’s right side. Make sure to select “PC Screen only” option, if the option is not already selected and see if you’re able to Fix TaskBar Disappeared from the Desktop issue on Windows 10.
Note: In Windows 7, the “Computer Only” option would be present, select that option.
Method 4: Disable Tablet Mode
1. Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on System.
2. From the left-hand menu, make sure to select Tablet mode.
3. Make sure to select the following options to disable Tablet mode on Windows:
4. Reboot your PC to save changes.
- Fix HDMI Sound Not Working in Windows 10
- How to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10
- Fix Service Host: Local System High CPU and Disk Usage
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 80244019
I hope the above steps were able to help you Fix Taskbar Disappeared from the Desktop but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.